Carpeting any part of your home can be a large undertaking. To insure a smooth carpet install, we want to provide you with the following tips.
- Move all furniture out of the room, or rooms, in which the new carpet installation will take place at least a day before the installation.
- Complete other remodeling projects you have planned for the room, such as painting and wallpapering.
- Remove all breakable items from areas being carpeted.
- Detach and store wiring from TVs, stereos, VCR/DVD and computers.
- Vacuum the old carpet to avoid the possibility of airborne dust and dirt.
- You may need to have someone come out before the installation day to see if your subfloor is appropriate or needs to be replaced.
- After the carpet and cushion is removed, vacuum the subfloor.
- On the day of the installation, if questions or problems arise, it is important that you be available.
- Keep children and pets away from the work area.
- Practice safety while the installers are working in your home. If you have to go into the work area be very careful because of the many tools being used and those that may be laying on the ground.
We will handle the removal and disposal of your old carpet. It is our desire to make this process as quick and painless as possible. As we walk out the door, we want you rolling all over your new carpet like a baby. Please call us if you have any questions about installing new carpet.